Australia not only as a student destination but overall is a dynamic and technologically vibrant country that offers good educational and career life to the students from all over the world including students from Nepal.
Australia is one among the most sought-after study destination for Nepalese students. IT has always been a popular student destination among students for abroad studies because of the quality of education, lifestyle and the friendly nature of the Australian people who accept all other cultures all around.
Every year, students from different parts of the world including Nepal visit this country in large numbers to avail themselves of the educational opportunities here.
The main reason behind this is that it offers the best educational system along with a challenging English-speaking environment.
Having some of the world’s top Universities as its assets; the country offers the best educational environment for international students. There are over 22000 courses and 1100 institutions that span over more than 29 study areas like language, nursing, medicine, engineering, art, business, etc.
Facts about Australia as a student destination
- Australia is the world’s 13th largest economy and has the world’s fifth-highest per capita income.
- One of the most popular destinations in the world for international students.
- Australia is the third most popular destination for international students
- AQF provides a standard for global recognition
- The cost of living is lower compared to the high standard of living
- Over 260+ languages are spoken in Australia
- Five of the top 40 cities with the best urban infrastructure I are in Australia
- Australia is the fourth happiest country
- Australia is ranked ninth in the world in the university system ranking
- Melbourne has been ranked the world’s most liveable city for the past three years
- 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian Universities.
- 5 out of the 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- $200 Million annual government investment on international scholarships.
- 2,500,000 international alumni of Australian institutions are making a difference around the world.
- Almost one in four Australians was born overseas.
- The Human Development Index of the UN Human Development Report 2015 ranked Australia second in the world.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2016 World’s Most Livable Cities Survey ranked Melbourne No. 1 in the World’s most livable city.
What makes Australia such a desired destination to Nepalese Students for further Studies?
Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,200 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from. Regardless of what you are studying or how long for, Australia’s law promotes quality education & protection of international students. As an international student in a study visa, you must study with an institution and in a course that is registered with the CRICOS. CRICOS registration guarantees that the course & the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students. So no matter what course you want to study for, how long or where you can be assured that in Australia you will have a high quality & rewarding study experience.
Australia is such a desired destination for students from Nepal because of the following reasons
- Safe and friendly society
- Diverse course availability
- Similar climate to that of Nepal
- Better lifestyle
- 40 hours work per fortnight allowed
- Flexible visa policy
- World class universities
- Cheaper living cost
- Post-study work visa
- Globally accepted international degree
What are minimum qualifications and requirements for Students in Nepal to study in Australia?
- At least +2
- Only 4 years bachelors degree is accepted
- Good first division marks and good English skills
- Good IELTS band score
- 6.0 for Bachelors
- 6.5 for Master’s
Work While You Study in Australia
Working while you study in Australia can help complement your study and living experience. There are a number of reasons you might want to undertake part-time work while studying in Australia, including assisting with living expenses and gaining work experience in your study area.
Most student visas allow you to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session, and unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break, but before you undertake any paid work you need to make sure your visa allows you to work.
Document Checklist for Australia Studies
Here’s a list of what you’ll need :
- Visa application form
- Photocopy of passport
- Identification card copies
- Four filled self-adhesive name and address labels
- Passport sized photo(not older than six months)
- Formal educational documents(photocopy)
- IELTS certificate
- Criminal record check results
Required Financial documents for Study in Australia from Nepal
- Proof of funds from a suitable source
- Proof of cash deposits
- Medical reports and x-ray examinations
- Proof that the student has an Overseas Student Health Cover for the total duration of the visa.
Read the detailed article here Study in Australia process from Nepal
Cost of education in Australia
For international undergraduate students, the average fee is around $23400* per year.
For master’s degree, it costs around the US $1600 to $29600*.
For the doctoral degree, it costs around $11200 to $29600*.
*The cost mentioned above is based on estimate figures from Colleges and University average and does not confirm the fees you may pay.
Step by step guide for Student visa Application from Nepal
Book your IELTS Classes and take the IELTS exam
After IELTS Results
- Academic Documents Verification
- Documents are forwarded to University/College for offer letter.
- If the documents are accepted you’ll receive the offer letter
- Collect student visa
- Pay tuition and ECOE
- Pass the medical exam
- Collect visa grant letter
Click here for a more detailed article about step by step guide for The Student Visa Application Guide.